Monday, January 5, 2015

Countdown to Birthday: Four Women Who Truly Inspired Me This Year

Countdown to Birthday: Four Women Who Truly Inspired Me This Year


It's that time a year again! The time where I mark another year alive! As I approach my birthday and reflect on the year that has passed I can't help but consider how much I've grown as a women.

From the moment I realized I actually was one:

To the moment I realized and began to advocate how important it is to represent and define who I am as one: 


Forth and forth this year has been one of struggle, triumph, and growth and I wanted to celebrate (and countdown) the days until my birthday by recognizing (and sharing some delightful mock images) of the women who have inspired me beyond words during this past year. Enjoy! 


Monday. 3 days until Birthday.
Woman: Queen Bee




Gosh! Where do I even start? I remember the first time I heard flawless I was so empowered by the lyrics that I posted them on my wall. Queen Bee is Queen for a reason. Not only does she encourage women to embrace my their sexuality  but she's been the prime example in learning to *snap fingers* own it too! She is the definition of confident, fierce, and unapologetic and I adore her for it! 


Tuesday. 2 days until Birthday.
Woman: Miley Cyrus 






I know what you're thinking . Miley? Aleichia.. really?
And my answer is HELL YES! THIS LIST IS ABOUT BEING ME, not about pleasing you and that's exactly what I love about Miley! Her changes in the recent years shows me that she has grown to just want to be herself (even if that means everyone is talking badly about you)! I admire that so much. I admire any desire to allow yourself the space to grow and experiment and just live. It's such a powerful thing to strive for in a culture where everyone is trying to make everyone else happy. I want to learn to be myself in a society that is probably going to judge me anyway. So like Miley, I'm just gonna say LATER HATERS!



Wednesday. 1 day until Birthday.
Woman (or young lady) : Malala Yousafzai

Before taking this image I did some research on whether it was respectful to wear a hijab or head covering (in my case to represent a young women who has inspired me) I found a very intriguing read which you can read here --->  http://www.hautehijab.com/blogs/hijab-fashion/12421209-ask-haute-hijab-im-not-muslim-can-i-wear-hijab




Taking a  jump on the more serious side of things, Malala is my third lady. It was a bit difficult nailing this picture but I didn the best I could. Her story not only teaches me that one can accomplish great things at any age, but it also inspires me to stand for what I believe in despite anything. I feel we are given so many opportunities to speak up in support of others in our lives, be that something as nerve wrecking as shutting someone down for laughing at a bigger person at the gym or telling a friend that they should really just consider another person's feelings and when they spread gossip. Even just watching Malala during interviews I am moved my her humility and willingness to support a cause. This past year I have marveled (and still do) about how amazing she is!


Thursday. 0 days until Birthday.

Woman: Me





That's right folks! The last lady who has inspired me in the past year.. is me! I have had some serious downfalls and struggles this past year and I feel like we often don't give ourselves the credit when we overcome them. So here's to me; To the women I am, to the women I want to be, and to women I will become. Thank's for tuning in!


(That concludes my list!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment